Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blah Blah Blahg!

Hi Blogosphere!

That's right! both of you.  My sphere seems to be a bit small at the moment.  But size isn't everything unless your talking about Aperture.  I cracked up the first time I heard a variation of that for a class on Aperture.  I will have to credit our fearless leaders of South Coast Photography Meetup Club, Paul and Andy.  By the way, this is an awesome group of photographers of all skill levels and backgrounds.  I've only been to a handful of meetings so far but what I have experienced has been informative and entertaining.  There is a wealth of knowledge, experience and talent in this group.  Everyone I have met has been extremely friendly and I openly generous to share their "bag o tricks".  I recommend this to anyone interested in photography and fun.  ...Fun is the reason most of us got into photography in the first place right?  So you know they're a great group of people.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I fall into that "both of you" category? LOL! While I may not always post a comment and I refuse to sign up for any more online accounts, I'll continue to comment anonymously and then sign my name. I check out all your posts here Greg...they're always interesting and always great shots (except this one) lol! In a world where everyone fancies themselves a photographer these days, I always find it refreshing to view and read about the various shoots you've done and all the time and thought you put into them. For you there's a science to photography, for those like me, it's point and shoot and get off a quick shot backstage at a concert before a roadie or security guard yells at me. Hardly a science. Both serve a purpose but while you can easily do what "we" do, "we" certainly can't do what you do and that needs to be recognized and differentiated. It's like comparing Yes going into the studio to record "Close to the Edge" with Eddie Offord engineering -vs- some punk band sitting in a garage with a 4 track and 2 microphones.

    Rob Shean

    ReplyDelete

Ads Inside Post