Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wilco Tango Foxtrot


Wilco Tango Foxtrot, originally uploaded by greggarciaphoto.
Orange County Photographer Greg Garcia Tries Lagunita's Wilco Tango Foxtrot
Ok. I'm trying a new beer tonight. I have to admit, the name on the label caught my eye... not normally how i would choose a beer. Anyway, I'm glad I did, it is really good. It's very bold. Malty with an aggressive hop character. It definitely has a floral hop nose but it's smooth and creamy on the palate and full of body. For a bold beer it's hard to drink slow. It comes in at 7.83% alcohol by volume and reminds me of the beer Keri Kelli and I would seek out in the bay area. This beer has a quality that reminds me of days at the Tornado quite some time ago but it's flavor is completely fresh. The only bummer about this find is it's a limited release. WTF!
Shot with the iPhone 3G

5 comments:

  1. I received a comment regarding the post processing of this image. I meant to make a comment about the post processing but I was enjoying my suds. It's an iPhone app called the Best Camera. It has limited push button editing capabilities but you can get some neat quick results and it's fun! Obviously the highlights are blown out in this image but overall it's still a nice vibe. I've been having a lot of fun shooting with my phone. It's a nice departure from complex lighting set ups and all that gear. About ten years ago I had a Russian 35mm P&S for that very reason. My iPhone fills that need. This image use two "filters", one called Jewel and the other, the vignette.
    Check out this link.: http://bestc.am/XzZY

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool photo of beer
    i want one

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I can't stand the taste of any beer, but I'll be damned...the picture ALMOST makes me want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Greg: believe it or not, I know the owners of Lagunitas and have raged there many times at our "beer thirty" celebrations when I worked in Telecomm in Petaluma! Soooo- Petaluma is where I am moving back to and if you come visit me, I'll set up a private tour and tasting for you at this local small town brewery!! Other suprises to be expected- the MendocinoBrewing company, Alexander and Napa Valley vineyards, maybe some boating and wakeboarding and of course we will cruise the Mission and Castro in beautiful San Francisco!! I'm looking forward to having your company:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds amazing Beth! I can't wait! It'll be killer!

    I'm finding it kinda funny that the blog on beer has the most comments. Maybe I need to drink more so I can blog about it. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Ads Inside Post