Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dark Angel

Orange County Phtographer Greg Garcia Shoots Kymree as the Dark Angel
This was shot with the Canon 10D and Quantum Q Flash off Camera

This is
Kymree. Obviously this is the Angel Motel on Bitterbush St. We shot this a little later than planned but the image still comes across. I was concerned that being on a major street we might cause a little commotion so I wanted to be in and out as quickly as possible to avoid any trouble. I parked up the street at a 7-11 where Kymree got ready in my truck. Meanwhile, I asked her to wait for my call to join the shoot while I metered and set up lighting. I walked up the sidewalk with my lighting assistant and we weren’t there 30 seconds when the cops showed up with their lights on me. We had just walked up and I had gotten on my side to compose the shot and my head was close to the curb and gutter. The police officer thought I had passed out or something. We had a chuckle about that and he let me carry on with what I was doing. I called up Kymree. We blasted through shots for ten or fifteen minutes and got out of there. Kymree was great to work with and we have continued to shoot together since.


Lighting for this we used a Quantum QFlash mounted on a mono pod powered by a Quantum Turbo Battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post