Thursday, July 7, 2011

The King Mixers


The King Mixers at the Fox and Hounds English Pub in studio City. I believe they play there every friday night. I recommend having a few pints and checking them out if you’re ever in the area.

The King Mixers


After our Crafter Guitar shoot, I called up some friends in the area and we ended up at the Fox & Hounds. The Fox and Hounds English pub is a Studio City, California landmark where British Ex-pats join the young locals (and wayward visitors who stumble upon it) for pints, darts and sports from around the world. This evening, The King Mixers were playing. This band took their time getting started but when they did, I was really glad we stumbled in. These guys play Beatles, Cars, Queen and an amazing version of Baba O’ Riley by the Who. When they play, they do not merely “cover” the songs, they interpret the songs with their own piss and vinegar. I thoroughly enjoyed these guys and I would recommend checking them out if you’re ever in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post