Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blue Valentine

I guess this is a movie commentary of sorts… even though that's not really what is covered on this blog typically.  After viewing this movie, (I'm kinda assuming you've viewed it as well… I'm not talking about the storyline or plot.)   I was left so out of sorts, I wanted to talk to someone about it.  So guess what?  You're it!  I was so mixed on how I felt about the movie I had to go online to read reviews to see what others thought.  My initial reaction was WTF?  Who would make a movie like this... About this...  But then it was so real it was disturbing.  To that, it takes great talent.  We are so desensitized with action, CGI, get to the plot, that when presented with something real, we don't know how to respond.  It was shot very documentary style too which adds to the reality.  No pretty light set ups.  No glamourous love scenes.  Pretty fuckin raw emotion. If you're looking for escape, this is not the movie to watch.  If you want to be dropped into reality, take a spin, then reevaluate your life.  Fuck. Have at it.  The movie is hard to put in a box.  On the surface, it's very mediocre.  But it is because that's life for a lot of people.  So to capture that, it's brilliant.  

Here is a trailer for Blue Valentine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post