Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ford F-100



It's Labor Day weekend and what does that mean if you live in Old Towne Orange by the traffic circle?  The Orange International Street Fair!  It's a sweat fest of international food and the smell of spilled stale beer.  There's plenty to eat and drink if you are not concerned about the International part.  Thousands of people attend every year and I kinda have an annual tradition of at least making it over there to have my customary bratwurst.  Feel free to click the link for info and check it out!

So, this afternoon I'm standing in front of my house assessing the tons of yard work I should be doing but it's just too damn hot so I'm procrastinating.  The yellow Ford above drives up to the curb and the passenger asks if they can park in front of my house.  I immediately fall in love with the truck.  This truck is perfect for a few upcoming video projects I have stirring in the mill so as they get out of the truck, I ask if they would bee interested in letting use the truck for a video project.  The driver was enthusiastic about it and gave me his contact info.

As an independent filmmaker on a small budget, there are a lot of compromises and decisions one must make.  Do you hurry up and make your video in haste and end up with a diluted lack luster remnant of what was once a great idea, or do you stick your guns and vision and take the time to execute it correctly?  Truthfully, I think it's a balance of both.  It may be a balance of both at any level.  I think it's a matter of where those lines will be drawn in the sand.  Today, I'm glad I waited.  This truck practically fell in my lap.  Keep an eye out for it.  I'm sure it will be featured in at least two upcoming projects.

I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post