Friday, December 23, 2011

Drive By Shooting Eve Eve

Drive By Shooting by Orange County Photographer Greg Garcia
Drive by shooting taken with the Canon G9. Program mode. 400ASA.
For clarification, this had nothing to do with a drive by shooting. It’s kind of a joke I have with fellow photographers about taking pictures from your car while driving. I know, it’s probably not wise but it’s not illegal... yet!


So what the hell is going on? What makes people completely nuts around the holidays? Today on the 55 freeway, I’m cruising along at your normal 65-70mph clip, when I see traffic beginning to slow ahead of me. I look into my rear view mirror and I see a little silver rice rocket of a car barreling down fast behind me. He had to be going 90-100 mph. He swerved at the last moment into the Car Pool lane and missed me by what seemed to be a few feet. The next thing I see to my left, is two B&W squad cars in fast pursuit. At this point the traffic is really starting to bog down and I hear a police radio... “move aside”. Again to my left, in the car pool lane, a black suburban police unit with it’s lights on. Moments after that, another squad car and then some crazy, black, Rhino coated exterior, fully armored, assault type modified van or suburban with it’s lights on. - that silver rocket is in trouble... I wonder if he got away? Doubtful. I’ll have to check the news tonight.


So, the above photo was taken in Irvine at the Jamboree on ramp about an hour after the above story. It would have been brilliant if it was my lil’ silver rocket but instead, from what I could tell by the man in shorts being given a sobriety test, a cocktailer spreading his Christmas cheer all around and off the on ramp. I wish I could’ve gotten the shot of him next to his overturned car touching his nose but being that I was driving and trying to take these shots, I didn’t want to end up upside down next to his car, touching my nose. Talk about monkey see monkey do... you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post